Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"On the Second Day of Advent"


...in true love, I give to thee...My stepmother...Laura B, has taken on the complications that are our family...no Ozzie and Harriets here! We have become quite good friends in the 31 years she has stood at my dad's side, today being their 31st anniversary...so, here, I present my interpretation of Laura B! She is an adherent to the "when the sun slips under the yardarm" school, enjoys bocci and shuffleboard, has been known to look good in a slinky cocktail dress and also realizes that snap-front housedresses are where it's at at breakfast! A lady of Baltimore, she now resides full time in Florida. This is her birthday tribute and she took it all in great good humor (thank goodness!!!)
Laura B is made of: two microscope slides with Baltimore Sun newspaper , dyed with Adirondack ink overstamoped for a body with an initial, legs of the same rolled newspaper, and metallic thread. One arm is a piece of old corsetry stocking holder(garter part), shoulders are two shell stud earrings. Her crown is cut from a Crown Royal box and her waist is a piece of 1950's bracelet. Her body is held together with Wonder tape and embossing powder...
Laura B...my hat's off to thee (with many thanks for all you do!)

1 comment:

~*~Patty S said...

Two posts in two days, now that's what I'm talking about ;) What a wonderful and special art doll with so much significance too, a really lovely tribute!

Summer Sunday Art Musings

Mid-summer again, and I still am not an experienced blogger...but I am back to working in my studio and have too many ideas to fit them all into a working day format...how exciting is that!??? This week I have still been at the Piano Hinge Books (refreshing my mind about working with tree wrap for gypsy moth paper aided by Lumiere metallics (!)...intriguingly easy and so organic to the eye. I am working on a series of Buddha greeting cards (with a deadline). The weather here in the Blue Ridge has been a mixed bag of hot and humid and rain...great for indoor sports like studio time! I must get busy and download the photos from my camers so I can showcase a few of my week's endeavors...

Medieval Illuminated Manuscript Book

Medieval Illuminated Manuscript Book
Thank You Lisa at European Papers Columbus, Ohio

Abalone Button Piano Hinge Book

Abalone Button Piano Hinge Book
That Abalone Left Its' Shell 4 Art!

Bliss Girl

Bliss Girl
Transcendent Bliss Girl