Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow Days, two kinds




Patty, on her blog tonight, added a 'snowflake' feature, so I decided to keep it all going. I am finishing up a 'shrine' assemblage for my husband for his gift, and, while the glue for yet another phase is drying, I discovered this marvelous interactive, tutorial and holiday-appropriate bit of artsy mind-candy at the Magpie's Nest. Try it, take note of the number of the snowflakes you want to try, click on them and have a wintry blast! These long, cozy and dark nights have a charm all their own and I, for one, cherish them. We had an ice event here on Bessiebelle Mountain last night, we'll drop into the teens tonight and then...who knows. No snow as yet, but I am anticipating the season with a couple of snow shots from last winter. Happy snowflaking and Happy Holidays! (more on the 'shrine' later, when the glue dries and I put some final touches on it)




Need a Snow Day?

3 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful pics Lanise! We had nothing at all here, just wet! Isn't the snowflake making addictive! I have enjoyed just scribbling with the mouse (we have a roller ball) and like the carefree outcome. Some people have created amazing and mysterious snowflakes,no clue how they have gone about it... Can't wait for the glue to dry on THE shrine!

Margaret said...

gorgeous pics Lanise, quite an atmosphere!

Leslie Brier, Brier Design Studio said...

It's all so Christmas-y. Hmmm... never thought of making a piece for my husband, isn't that odd of me? Merry Christmas!
L

Summer Sunday Art Musings

Mid-summer again, and I still am not an experienced blogger...but I am back to working in my studio and have too many ideas to fit them all into a working day format...how exciting is that!??? This week I have still been at the Piano Hinge Books (refreshing my mind about working with tree wrap for gypsy moth paper aided by Lumiere metallics (!)...intriguingly easy and so organic to the eye. I am working on a series of Buddha greeting cards (with a deadline). The weather here in the Blue Ridge has been a mixed bag of hot and humid and rain...great for indoor sports like studio time! I must get busy and download the photos from my camers so I can showcase a few of my week's endeavors...

Medieval Illuminated Manuscript Book

Medieval Illuminated Manuscript Book
Thank You Lisa at European Papers Columbus, Ohio

Abalone Button Piano Hinge Book

Abalone Button Piano Hinge Book
That Abalone Left Its' Shell 4 Art!

Bliss Girl

Bliss Girl
Transcendent Bliss Girl