Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Peace on the Mountain


It is true! The last "Christmas for Retail" package was sent out for the holidays and I am without the pressure (self-imposed) of having a Thanksgiving deadline looming. My box today went to Kim Robertson at Pea Island Art Gallery. I was soooo hoping she'd say, "Dude, I gotta have this stuff ASAP....drive it down today!"...well, that's the difference between reality and imagination. (sigh) It would have been nice to see Kim, her beautiful gallery (soundside on Hatteras Island...it looks like a historic building, and is one of the most wonderful galleries I've been in. All kinds of art, crafts, jewelry, fine art, well, an entirely wonderful world) and had a cup of hot tea and gossiped. We were all stranded on the island for a day or so last September and it was a very cosy place to be in a tempest and a good time was had by all, as well as bonds being formed. Art provides shelter from the storm! Please visit her website and see what the collection of artists' she has assembled from all over the world are doing. Ahem...and I...Lanise...have been shown in her gallery with my piano hinge books since September. My new card series is due to arrive there perhaps tomorrow. I am so proud to be shown in this beautiful gallery and thankful to Kimmie for having faith in my art...and, dude...she is a windsurfer as well! My cards are also sold this season at Food for Thought (thanks to Julie Thomas) in Griffinsburg, Virginia (on Route 522 between Culpeper and Sperryville) and 24 Blackbirds (formerly 'Four and 20 Blackbirds') in Flint Hill, Virginia (on Route 522 between Route 211 West and Front Royal). Vinnie DeLuise at 24Blackbirds has just the coolest and cleverest in art, providing a feeling of Manhattan in Rappahannock County and his wife Heidi runs a lunchtime tea room that is up to high gourmet standards (how 'bout homemade ice cream with the local flavors of the season? homemade soup?yummmmm...)and the Washington Post reviewers think so, too!


Anyway, all Christmas is now home-centered...our first with no children coming home. I wonder how we will choose to celebrate?

No comments:

Summer Sunday Art Musings

Mid-summer again, and I still am not an experienced blogger...but I am back to working in my studio and have too many ideas to fit them all into a working day format...how exciting is that!??? This week I have still been at the Piano Hinge Books (refreshing my mind about working with tree wrap for gypsy moth paper aided by Lumiere metallics (!)...intriguingly easy and so organic to the eye. I am working on a series of Buddha greeting cards (with a deadline). The weather here in the Blue Ridge has been a mixed bag of hot and humid and rain...great for indoor sports like studio time! I must get busy and download the photos from my camers so I can showcase a few of my week's endeavors...

Medieval Illuminated Manuscript Book

Medieval Illuminated Manuscript Book
Thank You Lisa at European Papers Columbus, Ohio

Abalone Button Piano Hinge Book

Abalone Button Piano Hinge Book
That Abalone Left Its' Shell 4 Art!

Bliss Girl

Bliss Girl
Transcendent Bliss Girl